Monday, July 7, 2008

Faux Guitar Prowess

PatrioticHow do you celebrate your patriotism? Me, I spend the day with good friends on the water fearing brain-eating amoebas and drowning my fears in Bud Light. Then, I head back to their house where I find myself, in particular my arm, between the bared teeth of two sweet but suddenly very territorial dogs (one of them my own). This incident left me with some nasty teeth marks in my arm and the need to recall the date of my last tetanus shot, which if memory serves me right, was 1992. Off to the emergency room we went.


Thankfully, there wasn't a soul in the waiting room and, hot damn!, Jeopardy was on. Jacquelyn kicked some butt in the country music category during the double Jeopardy round while I had a little visit with Dr. McDreamy. He cleaned my wound, shot me up with a tetanus vaccination, wrote me a script for some pain pills and antibiotics, and sent me on my way. I spent the next two days with my wrist wrapped in guaze and tape, looking like someone who had made a half-assed attempt at suicide.


All was not lost as Jacquelyn and I got back to her house in time to enjoy some delicious ribs and the Hale/Byrne Firework Spectacular (another blog for another day). During this time my son uttered these words several times with elaborate body gesturing, "This is the best night of my life!" It was A-freakin'-dorable and me and my dog bite injury (pity party anyone?) ate it up with a spoon. The grownups closed the night with a little Guitar Hero on the Byrne's Wii. I thought I would rocked the house but I was terrible, garnishing the title of, "The worst Wii player we have ever seen" by the Byrne Family. Go me! I have been singing, "Dream Police," a song that I only mildly enjoyed to begin with ever since.


My next mission: buying a Wii and Guitar Hero of my own to prove my prowess on a faux guitar. After all, what is a 33 year old mother without faux guitar prowess?



5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your canine run-in! It will certainly be a 4th that you'll never forget. And yes, you must obtain a Wii and start practicing for the dark horse victory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep thinking I've got to get downstairs and practice on that thing. I'd be cool if I did well on Guitar Hero right? Please?
    Unfortunately it's happening about as fast as I'm getting my basement cleaned up.
    Gonna be a short summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious!
    But first let me say I'm sorry about your injury.
    I had my first encounter with Guitar Hero over the fourth - wow it was fun. I had no idea! When you get yours set up let me know and maybe we can host a Guitar Hero Clogging competition. I'll bring the sausage balls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that you wrote about the dog bite! There was too much humor for it to not be shared in the blogosphere! Wii is at the top of my Christmas wish list. It sounds like the 4th was an awesome time for the Byne/Hale Crowd! Color me green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grandma Mary says,"Anything named Dudley, your going to eventually have trouble with." now, what do you suppose she meant by that?

    ReplyDelete