Thursday, April 5, 2007

I Thought it Was Chicken

I've been slacking on the blog this week but I have a good excuse.  I've been really sick and pretty much bed-ridden.  I'm finally feeling a little better.  The creative juices, however, are not exactly flowing today.  So, in lieu of an original story, I've decided to steal one from a friend.  Here's a breakdown of the conversation that took place between Jacquelyn and her son Patrick (3) yesterday:



Patrick:  My tummy hurts Mommy.



Jacquelyn:  Where does it hurt? Do you need to go potty?



Patrick:  No.  I ate money.



Jacquelyn:  What?  Why?



Patrick:  Because I thought it was chicken.



It turns out that little Patrick had swallowed a penny, thinking it was a piece of chicken.  It was an honest mistake.  I'm happy to report that the penny has made its way safely through Patch's digestive system, out of his body and back into Jacquelyn's pocket (no, I'm not kidding) proving, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the girl will do anything to save a penny.









6 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what the chicken comment says about my cooking skills, but it can't be good. And just to clarify...I DID soak the penny in Clorox after I retrieved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least Patrick's action was an honest mistake. To this day, we are not sure why Jacquelyn shoved a just-shelled lima bean up her nose when she was 7. When her stuffy nose problem wouldn't subside, our mother took her to the doctor where he retrieved the bean, which had begun to sprout. I am glad to report, however, that we did not cook or eat the bean. Somethings you just don't do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For Carla, just a thought, if the bean had started sprouting, it probably would have grown if planted,OR, bean sprouts anyone?, waste not, want not!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacquelyn:
    If the Clorox would not have been available, what would you have done? Be honest. Let's pretend this happened at the mall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla-
    I loves me some dirt on Jacquelyn! And to think, she was laughing at me yesterday for putting a puppet eye-ball on an ice-cube and drinking it when I was five! At least I wasn't sticking legumes up my nose at 7!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Papa Dale-
    We KNOW what would have happened in this house. Sean would have planted that bean sprout and he (not I. I think they taste like saw dust) would have eaten those booger-soaked lima beans.

    ReplyDelete