Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cooties

The kids and I were playing Cooties today when it turned into Cootie Chaos. Somehow my comic musings about eyes and legs falling off of my goofy green creature morphed into heads, thoraxes, legs, eyes and Dancing
antennae flying through my living room at warped speed. It felt a bit like a warzone. I ducked and covered many times to avoid impact with disconnected bug parts. It didn't take long for me to tire of this destructive game and I decided to take the energy level down a notch and cut the cooties out of the equation, opting instead to have a little dance-off in the living room. I turned the TV to the Kid's Beat music channel and busted a move to Usher's version of, "You'll Be In My Heart."

My daughter, a lifelong fan of move bustin', stood stunned for a couple seconds and I tried to cajole her into gettin' down. After a palpable epiphany she said, "I need to wear my princess dress." And there it was. In order to fully enjoy a family dance-off my daughter must wear a princess dress. I smiled and took her hand. We walked to her room and slid her dress over her clothes. We went back into the living room and got down to business, me with my clog/hip hop moves (jealous yet?) and my daughter in her downward-facing-dog leg kicks and twirls. I dread the day when she no longer requires the dress.



5 comments:

  1. Cooties!! What a fun game. But dancing, even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's the camera??!! I'm soooo setting up a spy cam next time I'm at your house! I gots to see you girlies bust yo' moves! ;-) We're big dancers over here too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! We are big fans of freeze dance! I so want to be there the next time this happens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, JEALOUS is exactly the word I was looking for....Candice, when you get the footage, we want a cut of it up here in Central Illinois.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alright PapaDale! Send me your contact info ;-)

    ReplyDelete