Monday, August 25, 2008

Newsies


Just a few tidbits on this lovely, wet Monday:

My first cover story was published! Pretty exciting stuff. I'm posting a picture of the cover for all to see. Forgive my lack of humility. It's a career milestone.

One of my oldest friends, Julie Schmidler, who used to drive me around in her rockin' blue Mazda 626, had a baby on Friday. Her name is Kate and she weighed a whopping 10 pounds at birth! Congratulations Julie, Ray and the extended family!

My son has decided he wants to be a spy for Halloween. I welcome any costume suggestions anyone might have. I'm at a loss.


 



10 comments:

  1. Hi, forgive my late arrival, i just got here. Now I'm all caught up with your archives I can join in!
    Congratulations on your cover - seems only a few hours ago I was reading about that first rotten rejection slip (Oh wait, it was just a few hours ago!)
    As regards your son - couldn't you point him the direction of Inspector Gadget - well, he's sort of a spy right? That's all I have, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. black fedora, cape? Or am I thinking of a detective?
    The problem with spies is that they have to look like ordinary people, but with a shoe phone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about a big white chef's hat and a nice apron, no, wait, that's Julia Child. Congrat's on the Cover Job!!!!! U be Rockin' an stuf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is a link of spy stuff
    http://www.costumzee.com/tag/spy/
    Congrats on the cover!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats again! I know you're floating on a cloud. You're on your way, girl, enjoy the ride.
    BTW, I don't usually dress up when I spy, so I have no idea about a costume.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats again! I know you're floating on a cloud. You're on your way, girl, enjoy the ride.
    BTW, I don't usually dress up when I spy, so I have no idea about a costume.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I noticed your byline when I read my copy earlier this week. Congratulations - it was a very good article (Tim's one of my firm's clients - gotta love him and his myriad of wines). Bask in the glory...you are a published (cover) writer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. (and your vacation story was good, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. J,
    How exciting! I'm so happy for you.
    It is indeed a big milestone and I applaud you sharing it unabashedly.
    Hope you can come on over to the giveaway this month!

    ReplyDelete