Friday, May 1, 2009

The Baby in the Bubble

Just as I am finally feeling secure enough in my baby's immune system to start venturing out in public again, wouldn't you know it, a pandemic strikes. What freakin' luck I have. Now I have to stay at home and listen to Anderson Cooper rattle off statistics about the impending doom of mankind care of the swine flu, I mean H1N1, I mean hybrid influenza. Whatever the name, it is enough to scare the bejesus out of a new mother. So, if you see me about town with an infant car seat wrapped in Reynolds wrap and "Police Line Do not Cross" tape, please keep your distance. I'll be armed with Lysol and enough anti-bacterial gel to sanitize a small town and I won't be afraid to use it.



2 comments:

  1. Let's hope this thing doesn't last too long,I really don't enjoy waking in a cold sweat, after dreaming of being chased by 4 guys on horseback. I, for one, am really ready for some GOOD NEWS for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. I'd be the same.
    I have to laugh at the govt's advice though. 'Please wash your hands' Now there's a concept.

    ReplyDelete