I've got nothing these days. Nothing but rain. Rain. Rain. In January. It sucks.
So, to combat my bitterness, I'm going to make a list of things I'm thankful for:
- Smoothies. Without them my digestive system would stall completely.
- Rock of Love III: Thank you crazy DJ Nikki for making me laugh on a day when laughter was scarce by reading your Ode to Bret Michaels rap from a paper that you clearly got from the health clinic entitled, "Genital Herpes Instructions." Holy guacamole, I love that show.
- My son's general goodness. He received a belated gift from my grandmother yesterday that included three board books that are appropriate for a two-year-old (he's six) and a set of "erasable" markers that don't work. He responded to it by saying, "Nana doesn't really understand what a 6-year-old likes does she?" We both giggled and he gave his books to his sister. Man, I love that kid.
- A healthy pregnancy. I'm moving right along at 29 weeks, feeling good, even cooking again.
- The huz. God bless him for his patience and willingness to teach my son how to play Star Wars Battleship. I would have made it 15 seconds.
- Tiaras. My house is filled with them now and my daughter puts them on at random times and declares herself a princess. This is followed by a dance. Yeah, I love her too.
- Semi-trashy vampire novels. They're my new thing.
- The Dud (our lovable mutt). My snuggle jar runneth over.
- Eric Hutchinson. I've been rocking out to his tunes in my kitchen for days.
- January 7th: the date that school resumes. My kids are bored. I'm ready. Let's get this party started.