Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Paper Airplanes

I officially entered the ranks of Grand Poohbah Mommydom today when I made my son the best paper airplane ever, using no tape, staples or glue. Yes, I rock. Where did I find the instructions to make said plane? Wikipedia. Where else? It flies easily, in a straight line, from one end of my formidable kitchen to the other. I can't wait to throw it at my husband when he walks in the door and say, "In your face former Boy Scout and king of all improvised homespun creations!"

In other news, I was forced to go a full 24 hours without my DVR. The hard-drive was fried in our recent thunderstorm and I found myself on the verge of a panic attack last night when I tried to access this week's episode of Scott Baio is 46 and Pregnant and was denied with an error message. The humanity! I called DISH Network immediately and they sent another receiver to me which was just delivered, via UPS, a mere 24 hours later. Go DISH! Go UPS! Go all major brand name products (hire me please. I'm a really good promotional writer. See? See?)! It's a good thing my DVR is back up and running. I was going to call my doctor for some anti-anxiety meds if I had to wait another 24 hours.

So, I'm happy to report that I remain Prozac-free and DVR enabled. You can all rest easy tonight.



4 comments:

  1. Thank God, the kids are safe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am going to have to head over to Wikipedia to check out how to make a paper airplane. I want some mommy points too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness for big name brands! They practically save the world...daily! And I'm very envious of your sweet paper airplane making skills. I'm afraid even with Wiki's aid, I'd still fail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am super mom. I am out of town all week for work, and I went through and deleted a bunch of the kids' shows on the DVR so that all of mine would record while I was gone. SUPER MOM ALERT!!!

    ReplyDelete