Thursday, August 23, 2007

Wolf Boy

Duff
I'm leaving on an impromptu mini-break (thank you Bridget Jones) this morning and I'm not sure if I'm going to have internet access. In lieu of a traditional blog entry, I'd like to ponder something. That something is Duff Goldman's facial hair. It fascinates me. The top of his head is bald but his eyes barely have room to function amongst the hair that covers his face.



I appreciate a good cake decorator just as much as the next guy and I'm endeared to the cast of characters at Duff's Charm City Cake, a motley crew of friends he's acquired throughout his life. He clearly loves his job. He's exceptional at it and he gives one of his employees time off each day to participate in a human pyramid on the lawn of the local art museum. I like everything about the man. I just cannot get past his facial hair. My mind keeps wandering to that kid in Mexico that the media dubbed, "The Wolf Boy." Thoughts?



4 comments:

  1. From the picture it looks as though he is not really bald but shave it since it is receding. I always tell Paul that I am amazed at the fact that his hair is so stinking thick except where he has the bald spot ( aka his jewish cap). Why could it not be thinner everywhere but still cover instead of unnaturally thick in some spots and bald in the others. Weird I tell ya. Have a great safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the uneven distribution of facial hair on Duff parallels the uneven distribution of resources on earth. Take water, for instance. It's scarce in some parts (desert) and abundant in others (rain forest). For Duff, his desert is his head; the rest of his face is his rainforest. Enjoy your mini-break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. I don't think we get this show up here in Canada. But then again it's about cooking and I try to avoid doing that so maybe I just haven't seen the show.
    When I first saw the picture here I thought he was one of those H. C. guys who hand out the pamphlets in airports.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Duff is great! I don't mind the facial hair. His buddy Geoff is my other show favorite.

    ReplyDelete