Sunday, September 17, 2006

At the Bottom of the Sea

Every morning my kids and I go through the usual
motions that are required to begin our day. We eat. We get dressed. We brush our teeth and wash our hands. These may seem like relatively simple
activities but, as any parent knows, they can be the most frustrating and difficult
tasks to accomplish. In order to amp up our mornings a little bit, I usually
put our favorite CD in the stereo.



Topping our family’s chart these days is Ralph’s
World’s At the Bottom of the Sea. Released in 2002 by Waterdog Records, At the Bottom of the Sea is
filled with catchy tunes that make both myself and my children want to get up
and dance. My son’s favorite track is Honey
for the Bears
, which features a high-energy chorus and lyrics that tell a
story about a boy running for his life from a swarm of bees. This always brings a smile to my son’s face
(and mine too). My favorite track is The
Coffee Song.
  It appeals to Moms
and Dads everywhere with it’s thought-provoking lyrics: “M-O-M-M-Y needs
C-O-F-F-E-E. D-A-D-D-Y needs
C-O-F-F-E-E.” This song does more to
boost my spirits than any amount of caffeine ever could. The album is full of great tracks that will
make your feet tap on even the gloomiest days.  Ralph Covert and his band have managed to create a delightful
album that appeals as much to parents as it does to children. I highly recommend it for children of all
ages.



No comments:

Post a Comment