Sunday, September 24, 2006

Singin' in the Bathtub

John Lithgow is perhaps best known for his role as Dr. Dick
Solomon in the popular TV series, Third Rock From the Sun or, my
personal favorite, the uptight Reverend Shaw Moore in Footloose. What most people do not know is that Mr.
Lithgow has a knack for creating wonderful, entertaining children’s music. Released in 1999 by Sony Wonder, Singin’
In the Bathtub
is a unique collection of fourteen fabulous kid tunes. 





The album features Broadway-style production, backed by an
orchestra, and all of the songs tell a story. My son is particularly fond of A- You’re Adorable, which features
a new twist on the standard ABC song and At the Codfish Ball, a
classic tale of an undersea soiree. The Hippopotamus Song is my personal favorite because, no matter
how many times I hear it, it always brings a smile to my face. If you are a fan of show tunes I highly
recommend this album. Your kids will
crack up at the wacky lyrics and you will find yourself humming the chorus to Singin’ in the Bathtub every time you run the water for a
bath. 



6 comments:

  1. I am most familiar with John from Shrek and the old courtroom show that I can't remember the name of. I loved that show!
    Sounds like a great CD. I just bought 4 different versions of Veggie Tales at Dollar General for 5 dollars each. I highly recommend those for ya!
    Have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what Courtroom show that John Lithgow was in. I'll have to check out the Veggie Tales. I don't know if I could handle the incessant play I'd get from them though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hippopotamus Song is my personal favorite from that cd as well. John Lithgow is surprisingly talented as a children's artist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. John Lithgow...ahhh takes me back to the Harry & the Henderson days :)
    Sounds like a fun CD, we must invest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Codfish Ball! It is hysterical. I tend to remember John L. for his role in Terms of Endearment-the nerdy extra-marital love interest of Debra Winger's character...I recognize that I have a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. See, to me, he'll always be the patriarch from "Harry and the Hendersons"

    ReplyDelete